Stopped eating chocolate, ulcers stopped completely

9 messages in this subject.

Fried food, Chocolate, nut , almond are main trigger for me
Sonia 22 June 18
I had discovered the same thing when I was in my early 20s (I am 35 now). Chocolate was giving me massive amounts of canker sores and it made me want to rip my lips off because they hurt so much. I remember not being able to eat out of one side of my mouth because it had so many painful sores. Me being a chocolate lover, had to continue to eat it though and try to find a way through this. Luckily I was able to discover that it was only Oreos and Milk chocolates that I had problems with. I now can safely eat Semisweet chocolate chips and Dark chocolate with no ill effects! Hopefully this helps someone.
Dlm 6 June 18
Chocolate definitely giving me mouth ulcers.. but recently found that Nestle KitKat Dark Edition (Equador..) does not!
GAM 3 April 18
I get ulcers after eating certain amount of chocolate. it's hard to define or put a quantity on it, if i don't eat chocolate/sweets, i get no ulcers.
Such a disaster because its hard to control the desire.
Yolo 4 January 18
Stopped eating normal chocolate and my mouth ulcer problem stopped. However, still love chocolate and miss it like crazy so can someone tell me if white chocolate will start the ulcers off again. Thanks
Lee Kenyon 14 April 17
I also suffered from recurrent mouth ulcers for years, from childhood until well into my 30s. At the worst point I remember having over thirty of them simultaneously and being in too much pain to even speak for days at a time. I would keep a bottle of Difflam mouthwash with me at all times to get a few moments relief. My GP had nothing to suggest, but my mother had an old 1930s home doctor book which suggested chocolate as a possible culprit, and eventually I was so desperate I tried cutting it out of my diet, which was tough because I used to like it a lot. The result was magic - I gave up chocolate in 1997, and sinve then I've gone from having hundreds of mouth ulcers every year to maybe one or two. About once every couple of years I test myself (in the hope that it's fixed itself abd I can back to eating chocolate) by putting a spot of melted chocolate on the tip of my little finger and dabbing it on the inside of my lower lip, like a allergy spot test. I invariably get a little ulcer appear in that spot after a few days which lasts about a week or ten days - when Adcortyl in Orabase was still available I'd use that to reduce the duration, now I just do it less often and live with it. Obviously everybody's body chemistry is a bit different, but cutting out chocolate definitely worked for me.
g johnson 17 August 14
I had mouth ulcers since September last year. It started after I quit smoking. I start dringking Folic Acid and after three days it was gone. You can drink 5mg a day. Sometimes I drink Pregnavit M one n day women who are pregnant drink it normally. I olso drink 1 MultiVites Gummy Vitamins for Adults. And my Ulcers are gone, now for four weeks. I had the ulcers in my mouth under my tongue on the side of my tong, down my throat, suffer to swallow. So Hannah,Ciaco and Scottie or anyone can try it and it is not much. The Folic Acid I bought in Canada is about $10 to $11. So if you buy it in S.A. it is less Than $10. The Pregnavit M I bought in South Africa For less than R10. Please try it.
Juliana 19 March 13
i found the same results after i quit eating cholcolate. I too have had them all my life and just attributed them to stress and being occasionally run down.

I was never a big chocolate eater but i love cadbury;s cream eggs, do you think a single egg would cause a problem? Do you ave the rare occasional chocolate.

All the best

JAB Jan13
J Batchelor 23 January 13
I had severe, recurrent, extremely painful mouth ulcers my entire life (i am now 54). I tried a lot of remedies with limited success, until about eight years ago I completely cut chocolate out of my diet. My mouth ulcers went away completely. I mean none, nada, zip for the last eight years as long as I forgo chocolate. It is very difficult to avoid chocolate completely, as it is very pervasive in our culture and diet. The problem with identifying chocolate as the culprit is that there is a one- or two-week lag between the consumption of chocolate and the appearance of the ulcers. That makes it very difficult to make the connection between the appearance of a sore in the mouth and something eaten two weeks previous. Fresh pineapple tears up my mouth immediately, and bananas seem to make my mouth sensitive, so I avoid these. I strongly recommend that you try eliminating (completely) chocolate from your diet for a month at least to see if you get a cure like I did. Yes, I know it tastes wonderful, but for me it is well worth giving up a few moments of enjoying chocolate to avoid searing non-stop pain for weeks on end. Hope it works for you.
mja 10 July 12

To add a reply, type in your message, enter your name and then click on the button. Whoever it is that keeps on posting complete junk spam messages please don't, it spoils it for everyone else, and they will be deleted.

Your Name

Stopped eating chocolate, ulcers stopped completely

9 messages in this subject.